mold physician
HOME   •   FREE 10-min Phone Consult   •   FREE ARTICLES

Mold Experiences: Pat's Story

Before I was ill, I was full of vitality prior to my mold/chemical exposure. I was quite active: caring for and breeding 70 exotic birds, having fun playing with my grandchildren, and being the life of family parties.

Then things changed. Initially, I had two-sinus infections one right after the other, and then became terribly fatigued. I told my P.A. that this was not the normal kind of fatigue. I also had muscle cramps all over my body and shortness of breath. I developed interstitial lung disease and had a bout of hypersensitivity pneumonitis. I was SO sick that I had to have friends come in to help me. I couldn't get out of bed. The Doctor kept me out of work for a month.

As soon as I went back to my workplace, my symptoms returned. Just being in the building would give me a burning feeling deep down in my trachea. I also seemed to lose the ability to respond to the simplest questions or to concentrate on certain things. That lasted for nearly a year. Since then (6 years ago), I've gradually improved, but still have bouts of fatigue and fibromyalgia. The numbness in my toes seems to be abating. I lost a lot of hair, but that also seems to be getting thicker (if my African Grey parrot would stop hanging and swinging from it).

I am confident the cause of these symptoms is something at work - most likely toxic mold. I believe that there were also chemical elements present too, which increased my sensitivities. Another young man who worked there just prior to me died from interstitial lung disease, another won a Workman's Comp case for the same thing, and many others who work or worked there have had serious myriad illnesses. The interstitial lung disease was fungal, so I'm sure it was a toxic mold exposure. I was tested for bird fungal disease and many other diseases - all of which resulted in negatives.

Some folks ask me has helped me. The first and obvious thing has been removal from my workplace environment. I also feel that some specific supplement shave helped:

I would like to thank Pat for sharing her experience. Please discuss them with your health care practitioners. Pat retains control of the content and her web site.

If you would like to learn more about Pat's experience go to:

Her detailed story at: www.presenting.net/sbs/sbs.html.

Her "bitter story" is at: www.presenting.net/sbs/sbsstory.html.

We are glad she has made enough progress to work in web design.

Best,

Dr. J

us mold physician